**Updated for 2019!
Halloween is just around the corner and in South Surrey / White Rock this means the arrival of a host of fun Halloween activities including The Art Knapps Halloween maze, the Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch, and spooktacular Halloween events!
Here’s a list of Halloween/Fall themed events for South Surrey and White Rock for October 2018.
Are we missing something? Send us an email – email@example.com
One of our community’s gems is the Hazelmere Pumpkin Patch! Run by a local family since 1949 the Hazelmere Pumpkin patch opens for exploration every October.
For only $7.50 (cash only) families get to visit the farm and enjoy:
- Wagon Rides
- Corn Maze
- Pumpkin Patch
- Petting Zoo
- Play areas including the fire truck, a boat and the Tonka Truck zone
Families can purchase their farm fresh pumpkins starting at $2 on the way out!
Hours of operation are:
- Weekends : 10am – 5pm
- Weekdays Oct 9th – 30th 3:30pm – 5:30pm
If you’re interested in a group tour or hosting a party at the pumpkin patch please contact farmer Shari directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Knapp is a great place to explore any time of the year but around Halloween they get particularly festive and fun and are the PERFECT spot to take little kids.
The ever-popular Art Knapp train will be taking families on a tour through the garden center where you’ll find spooky surprises along the way.
They also have a non-muddy pumpkin patch a cleaner alternative which is great for toddlers! For the older kids take part in a game of mini-golf throughout the center and while you’re there check out their great selection of home decor and clothes!
Every Halloween the already kind of spooky Stewart Farmhouse gets even spookier with their Haunted Farm event taking place October 26th from 12 pm – 3pm.
This safe, drop-in event (with no scare factor) brings back old-time All Hallow’s Eve traditions, including crafts and spooky treats. Bring the kids in their costumes and enjoy:
- Free hot chocolate while you have your fortune read with “fate cakes”
- Fortune reading upstairs by a palm reader
- 2 Spooky scavenger hunts, one throughout the house and one in the barn at the end of the hunts enjoy free candy 🙂
- Play Halloween themed games like Monster Charades, Flies in the Web,and Shoe Toss Fortune
Plus, this year they are hosting a Classic Scary movie marathon on October 25th from 6:30-8:30pm. Bring a blanket and enjoy hot chocolate and popcorn. While the event is free registration is recommend to save your spot. Call 604-501-5100 and use barcode #4674085.
SPOOKY SALTAIRE HALLOWEEN EVENT
Spooky Saltaire presented by the White Rock BIA returns Oct 31 from 2-4pm. The businesses located at the corner of Johnston & Thrift in uptown White Rock will be providing family-friendly activities for kids.
Kids are encouraged to dress up in costume to enjoy for free:
- Cookie decorating at Hillcrest Bakery & Deli
- Mini-pumpkin decorating at The Handpicked Home – pumpkins generously donated by Mary’s Garden
- Face painting by Face Art by Carla at Bean Around the World
- Trick or Treating at Honeylush Hair Studio, Edward Jones & Marcon
- PLUS Mr. Bubbles The Singing Clown will be on site keeping us entertained!
TRICK OR TREATING AT SEMIAHMOO MALL
On October 31st from 5pm – 6pm kids 12+, dressed in costume and accompanied by an adulst can safely (and warmly) trick or treat at the businesses in Semiahmoo Mall.
A $2 donation to the Surrey Firefighters Charitable Society is recommended.
OTHER NEARBY HALLOWEEN EVENTS
If you’re looking for more Halloween fun here are a few activities taking place a short drive away from South Rock.